Anchors, Pumps & Misc. Gear
1. Primary anchor: 10-lb aluminum Spade Model-60 (2016). Stows nicely under the cockpit sole. It has never dragged.
2. Spare anchor: 16-lb steel Bruce anchor is secured under-deck to the mooring bit post.
3. Rode: 15-fathoms of 3/8" chain; 50 fathoms of 3/8" nylon line.
4. Sea Anchor: 6 ft. diameter, heavy nylon. It came with Aldo, and we haven't used it.
5. Tow line: 100' of 5/8" GoldLine.
6. Whale gusher bilge pump, mounted at the aft end of the port cockpit locker.
7. No electric bilge pump. Removed after failure. Only about 4 Whale Gusher strokes needed per week.
8. Boat hook, extensible aluminum.
9. Mooring gear: Two flat fenders, two buoy bags, two sausage fenders, tie up lines of all sorts.
10. Horns: One blow-by-mouth (antique) & one air-can type.
11. No flares. (Due for expiry replacement.)
12. Throwable cushions (2).
13. Slush bag. This custom-fitted, coated-nylon bag is for keeping fish cold, in a water/ice slurry. It is watertight, and fits the full length of starboard cockpit locker when the fuel and water jugs normally stowed there are removed.